Spring Back Into Health
Spring is a time for new beginnings. This blog offers some simple tips to help you “Spring Into Health” by springing back into action this season! Below are some easy guidelines to follow that can help you on your journey to a healthier, happier you that you can begin to implement every day. Remember our bodies are intelligent. It only takes a process of healthy decision making and smart actions done repetitively to get you back on track!
- Spring Cleaning! Of course, de-cluttering your home or apartment is a great way to get a jump start on your spring cleaning, but did you ever think de-cluttering your mind and lifestyle when you hear spring cleaning?! Take this time to make time for yourself. Sit down and reflect on your social, work, and home environments. Are they allowing you to give your full potential? Are you finding time to de-stress yourself and do things that make you happy? Start this spring with fresh new outlook and mindset.
- Get Outside! Now that the snow has melted, the days are getting longer, and temperatures are slowly climbing back up, so get outside and get moving. Not only is being outside and staying active great for your physical health, but soaking up the sun’s natural vitamin D is another great health benefit! Go for a walk, take a bike ride, go for a hike, or enjoy your favorite sport or hobby!
- Swap out those winter months of comfort food recipes and replace them with refreshing green salads, vegetables, smoothies, and fresh fruits. Fueling your body with healthy, fresh, organic, and nutritious foods will help fuel your body and keep you healthy.
- Get enough sleep! With the recent time change, have you been struggling to get to bed earlier? It is hard to change routine, and day light savings time is no different! Do your best to shut off all those phones, tablets, and consoles at least an hour before getting into bed and making sure you aren’t taking them into bed with you! Find a routine and stick to it! This will help give structure to your routine and give you lasting energy throughout your day.
- Get some spring back into your step with an adjustment! Stop into the office and get checked! Misalignments in the spine can lead to symptoms including neck or back pain, extremity pain, fatigue, headaches, brain fog, and radiculopathies. Make sure atlas and upper neck are in alignment! The adjustment will help to straighten your spine, bringing your head back over your shoulders, and releasing the spinal and nervous system tension! Essentially allowing you to become more balanced and function at your optimal! Can you think of a better way to spring back into health?!